Friday, August 16, 2013

Picnic in Duluth

Last Saturday we met with the Duluth congregation for a picnic at Enger Park.  There was a lot of great food and fellowship.  I'm sad to say I cannot remember a single name.  Usually I'm good with names and faces but we met so many all at once I couldn't keep up but they were a wonderful group of people and we really enjoyed ourselves.

The park was beautiful with lots of gardens, trails and views.  The kids favorite was the tower that overlooked Duluth. 

Lyle officially started football practice this week.  He really likes the coaches and team.  Coach says he can be the 8th and 9th man if need be.  He will play center for the most part and they are working with him to be their kicker.  The coaches and team have even talked him into playing basketball;).

We are all anxious to watch some hockey. Lyle informed me that you can tell who on the football team plays hockey by the amount of teeth missing.

So far the girls are enjoying the book club and they are anxious for school to start.

Robert has been gone a full week now and things are going well on the pipeline.  They are mainly in the setup phase but he has been busy.

This has been a rough week for me.  Homesickness has definitely caught me. I've had my moments since we left but Robert being down south with my family when I can't be with any of them has just not settled well.  I'm really anxious for school to start.  I'm hoping to work at least part time but just having a schedule, practices, games and homework will help the time move a bit faster until Reunion;)

1 comment:

  1. Aw...the picture of the girls makes me miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete