Monday, August 5, 2013

A Beautiful Sunday Drive

Our Sunday's always begin with getting up and going to Services.  Our lesson this morning was great as usual and it is really nice to enjoy the short fellowship that follows each lesson.  My family and I are very blessed to have been welcomed into two very loving church families.  It has been great getting to know everyone here but I still really miss everyone back in Oologah.

After services we were invited to join Ed, Diane and Cynthia for lunch.  Ed is the preacher for our congregation here, his wife is Diane and Cynthia is their daughter, they are truly wonderful people.  After an awesome lunch and a game of Bananagrams we headed home.

Once we got home we decided to take a short nap and then go for a drive.  Robert and I are enjoying trying to find some of the smaller lakes near by.  They say this is the land of 10,000 lakes but I am thinking they should have said ponds.

We tried to find Pear Lake Saturday night but it got too dark and we would have had to hike about a mile to get to it.  Considering we were out in the middle of nowhere we decided to try again the next day.

We did find Pear Lake but we didn't get a very good look.  After hiking about a mile we discovered it was really more of a pond and it was surrounded by some very soggy wetlands and the pteradactlys, otherwise known as mosquitoes, were making an appearance so we headed back to the truck and decided to follow the road to see where it would go.

We followed the, very narrow, road about 7 miles and saw some very pretty creeks, Minnesota calls them rivers.


 Robert wants to take us camping back in here this winter.  There are tons of places to ski or go sledding. I personally think he's a little crazy but I hear winter is one if the best times to camp so I guess we will see. ;


1 comment:

  1. Looks like gorgeous country up there! I've been missing you so much! I joined a gym since I don't have my walking partner anymore. Your old landlord lowered the price of the house. We didn't see that one coming, huh. I've been loving reading your blog. When we went to Canada one of the things I remember most were the pteradactyls.

    ReplyDelete