Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Random

Things have been pretty quiet, or as quiet as it ever is with my kiddos:). We are experiencing a bit of a heat wave.  We have been into the upper 80's and even the low 90's a couple of days.  Most people think they are gonna die from heat stroke, the girls however were really glad because it means they get to go swimming.  The lake is still really cold but it doesn't keep them from loving it.

Lyle is still enjoying football, even on the days he comes home dragging his rear.   He is the the team's main center and he hopes to get some defense time in as well.  The team has  nicknamed him, The Beast.  

Today is the last day for the girls' book club.  They have finished reading Schooled and they will put on a short play today.  Hopefully they will continue the Book Club into the school year but we aren't sure yet.

Tomorrow we have Open House at school, the girls are super excited to go meet their teachers.  From there we will be headed to Lyle's first ballgame:)

Last Friday I interviewed for a position with the Head Start program here in Babbitt.  They called Monday to offer the job, as soon as my background check comes back I will have a definite start date.  I will be working about 23 hours a week, which is perfect  because I will have afternoons free and one full day off.  The program has 13 kids ages 3-4 and they attend class Monday thru Wednesday for 4 hours, then I have one day in the classroom for prep.  When we moved, I told Robert that for the first year or so I would prefer to work part-time and preferrably for the school system.  The Head Start program is perfect because of the hours and they pay better than the public school system.  I really like the teacher that I will be working with as well.  I also get to wear my jeans, which makes me very happy;)

Robert is still down south, he really enjoyed spending the weekend with my parents and attending services on Sunday, then lunch with a group of good friends. He sure has missed his little buddy Bren, as well as everyone else;)

Hopefully my Kindle will let me post more pics
on my next post. 

2 comments:

  1. How is it that the girls look older already?!? The job sounds perfect! I'm so glad it worked out for you! Miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics of girls, but we need a couple of The Beast on here too. ;) Keep us posted sis. Miss u guys. C u soon.

    ReplyDelete